Google
 

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Brady Quinn vs JaMarcus Russell

There has been a HUGE debate on the forums as to WHO is the top QB in this years draft.

Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell

A lot of people Quinn will be a bust before he even takes a snap, while Russell gets all the praise for his huge game potential, cannon of an arm and is also a very accurate passer.

Everyone things Brady Quinn cannot win the big game and is going to be another Joey Harrington.

Well... like usual, I have to completely disagree.

In my opinion, Brady Quinn is MORE NFL ready than what JaMarcus Russell is.

Quinn played for Charlie Weis at ND and played in a very advanced NFL style offense. He is also very smart and didn't have a ton of talent around him. I strongly feel he will succeed in the NFL even though many people will likely disagree. I remember a few years ago, that Peyton Manning "could never win the big game" and "don't have the know-how to succeed in the NFL". Sounds pretty familiar.

There is no denying the physical tools that Russell has... but whos to say he won't be the next Culpepper or Leftwich? Both of these guys are often injured and their careers put in jeopardy, despite being very young. I've watched the video's of Russell and his passes look INCREDIBLE! Really dead-on.

The other options, whos to say BOTH of these QB's won't be stars in the NFL. I am always a big believer of innocent till guilty.... and these two gentleman hasn't even taken a professional (NFL) snap and there is already a big controversy.

I'm just going to go ahead and say BOTH of these guys succeed and both become NFL stars for whoever they end up with. The talent is there, the know-how is there and as long as the coaching is there at the next level, these kids will be fine!

I'd love to hear your opinions on Quinn and Russell... who you think will go where and why! Just as a stab in the dark (or from my Mock drafts) :) I'll say Quinn goes to the Browns and Russell drops to 6th (and the Dolphins trade up and snag him).

You can check my 2007 NFL draft predictions here.

No comments: